Parish Council Meeting Minutes – 5th December 2017
Meeting on 5th December 2016
Mr Geoff Macey, Tracy Stevens, Kevin Thorpe, David Day, Trudy Carr, Jane Wright and Aimee Carr
Mrs Janet Wright
Mr Daniel Land
Minutes from the previous meeting were read aloud as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Geoff Macey and Seconded by Trudy Carr.
- Speed Monitoring. This is still underway- waiting for signage. Street lighting has been raised- need to know what wattage bulbs we are being charged for using by Eon Energy.
- Website new one should now be up and running.
- Transparency Fund- Grant was accepted, received and banked. This funding will go towards funding our new website.
- Quay Lane- potholes are still a major issue and really needs re reporting to the Highways Agency.
- Planning in Tendring- Cllr Land is distraught over the process- it seems that any when building less than 900 homes then builders do not have to contribute to infrastructure. The appeals process is costly, and it seems somewhat underhanded. The housing crisis seems to be wrapped up heavily in politics.
- The Bill for the works to the carpark was approved. Geoff wanted to thank Mr David Day personally for all his hard work. Proposed by Geoff Macey and Seconded by Tracy Stevens.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
- Village Magazine Donation- £500 has been donated to the Parish Council by the Village Magazine.
- Santa’s Brunch- a huge thank you to Marylin and her team for their outstanding efforts. The event was well organised and well attended. Thank you to Brookelynne Farm for donating the eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms. The actual takings from the Brunch are not yet in, details to follow.
- Highways repairs- the signage opposite Mr Bob Coles has still not been fixed despite being reported once again. There is a storm drain cover off along Chapel Road which needs reporting. Despite a letter to the Highways agency it seems we will not be able to have speed limit along Chapel road reduced to 30mph, or to have speed limit pushed out past current boundary along Harwich Road.
- Broadband Follow Up- we don’t want to let Essex Superfast off the hook- apparently due to EU regs we are unable to be re added to the scheme as we have gone with County Broadband. Geoff has written to Vicky Ford, EEC MP and asked her assistance to find out the Community Welfare Committees take on our issue. BT are considering not supporting the Tendring area further. Although County Broadband made the bold claim that they could provide cover for 1005 of village, Trudy Carr and William Griffiths have been unable to secure BB through them. We need to challenge this on principle. Can Quay Lane be connected? So far, we have been reimbursed around £370 (around 40 people)
- Chairs- the village was offered a quantity of collapsible chairs from a Tai Chi Club in Colchester. Geoff and Russell Peck went and collected around 45 for £200. We need a storage solution for chairs- the snooker table and table tennis table are taking up space- perhaps get rid of some of the older chairs?
- Management Issues- Geoff is to keep on currently, dividing his time between Beaumont and Winchester. Future issues that crop up Aimee is to delegate to Councillors
- Village Hall- Carpark repair done.
- Chairs have been tested as being quite comfortable
- 100 club draw is to be done at end of meeting
- First Aid course- considering running one- to be organised by Lucy Cohen
- Playing Field- has been cut, but is also very wet. A mole is present. Gardener has been. Perhaps invest in new nets in the spring and potentially upgrade the play equipment next year?
- Footpaths- seem to be ok despite the continuing complaints regarding the path behind
- Beaumont House. Garden waste that had been dumped now seems to have been cleared
- Dog fouling at the Quay- perhaps request poo bin is relocated to carpark?
- We are still awaiting decision on fate of the Customs House at the Quay- Kevin Thorpe to chase this further.
- Tendring Association- Speakers (Highways) due to attend meeting cancelled. Next meeting in January
- Planning- None received
Bills for Payment
- Car Park repair- reimbursement to Village Hall £1068.00
- Gardener- reimbursement to Village Hall £45.00
- Hutchbys £172.80
Proposed by Tracy Stevens and Seconded by Trudy Carr
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Mrs Janet Wright has had a dead tree in the Village Hall car park removed. She has also requested that we might replace some trees as it’s become rather bleak.
- Vans at Betty Dents Corner are still an issue- needs following up.
- The new Rector would like access to the village website.
- David Day commended the resilience of our Chairman, Mr Macey during what has been a very trying time for him and his family. Our thoughts are with him at this time.
- 100 Club Draw-
- £50- #52 Mr Cyril Byford
- £10- #7 Kevin &Kirstie Thorpe
- £10- #50 Claudine Benstead
- £5- #122 Danny Kimble
MEETING CLOSED AT 2030
Next Meeting 16th January, 1930hours