A small village in rural north-east Essex in which about 250 people live. There is a rich community life centred around the church and the village hall. We hope to use this website and facebook page to inform people of what is going on in the village and to encourage everyone to get involved.
Message from Beaumont's Tree Warden. I have a quantity of handmade Bird Boxes small and large available for a small donation £2 for a small and £4 for a large. Profits from the sales will be donated to the Village funds. I also have a number of young Saplings available.
If you are interested in any of the above please contact via Facebook Message and I will come back to you. ... See MoreSee Less
Beaumont Village Litter Pick – Sunday 7 May, 09:30 am – Village Hall
Are you fed up with the litter and rubbish that gets thrown out of cars and into the verges and hedgerows around Beaumont?
The problem seems to be getting worse. Therefore, Beaumont Parish Council is seeking volunteers to take part in a short, sharp “Beaumont Spring Clean-Up” on Sunday 7 May at 09:30 am.
The necessary supply of bags, grabbers and high-visibility vests will be provided on the day. Volunteers need only to turn-up with suitable footwear and gloves and a desire to do an hour or two of litter-picking. The bags collected will then be gathered together and taken away by Tendring District Council on Monday 8 May.
So, if you are prepared to join in, please kindly email me at [email protected] so I can make sure that we have enough equipment, and then come along to the village hall at 09:30 on Sunday morning. Thank you. ... See MoreSee Less
There was a well attended meeting last night. Thank you to everyone who turned up.
1. Coastal Footpath proposals causing great concern. The Parish Council will be arranging a meeting and will make representations to the highest authority to object to the way the proposed route has been arrived at.
2. A date will soon be arranged for the training of the Community Speed Team once Simon Morris has met with the police to arrange times.
3. People are concerned about litter along our roadside and would ask you all to help by clearing litter close to your property.
KEEP BEAUMONT TIDY.
Also please don't allow your dogs to foul pavements. Clear up after them.
4. We are very unhappy about the lack of police action concerning the shootings at Gravel Wood and we are pursuing the matter.
5. The proposal to extend the village hall was well received. Plans will soon be available and we will keep you informed.
6. Future events planned include a live band evening, a quiz and curry night and a horse racing evening as well as the Village Fete and Santa's Brunch.
7. Volunteers are needed urgently to help with the organisation of the fete. Please come forward. There is a job for you!